When I initially purchased a Kindle Paperwhite, I was stuck with its layout. I don’t know the option I selected, but the ebook suddenly shifted from portrait to landscape mode. I broke my head, and eventually, I found the answer.
Why is my Kindle app stuck in landscape?
A Kindle app can be stuck in the landscape due to the use of an outdated version, and it can usually be fixed with a restart or a software update that you can do directly on the device.
In this article, let’s look at possible ways to shuffle between rotations and how to troubleshoot the alignment effectively.
Kindle In Landscape: What’s Wrong?
If you’re using the Kindle app on your iPhone or iPad and it’s stuck in landscape mode, there are a few things you can try to fix.
First, make sure that your device is in portrait orientation. If it is, then try restarting your device. Also, check for the following:
1. Check your Kindle’s software version.
If you need to update your software, follow the instructions in the updating your software section of this article.
2. Force quit the Kindle app and then relaunch it.
3. Restart your device.
4. Check for updates to your apps.
5. Uninstall and then reinstall the Kindle app.
If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Kindle app. Finally, if all else fails, contact customer support for further assistance.
Also read: Can you use Kindle app on airplane?
How Do I Get My Kindle Out Of Landscape Mode?
If your Kindle is stuck in landscape mode and you’re struggling hard to get your Kindle out of this mode, follow the steps below.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options.
- Tap Display Settings.
- Select Orientation Lock to turn it off or on. If you don’t see Orientation Lock, tap Auto-Rotate Screen until it appears.
- To lock your current screen orientation, tap the corresponding icon at the bottom of the screen. For example, to lock in landscape mode, tap the corresponding symptom. When locked, a padlock icon appears on the status bar.
- Return to the home screen and rotate your device to change the orientation. The current orientation is indicated by an icon in the status bar.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the current orientation icon in the status bar, and change the orientation lock.
- If you don’t see an icon in the status bar, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Orientation Lock to turn it on or off. If you don’t see Orientation Lock, tap Auto-Rotate Screen until it appears.
- When prompted, confirm that you want to change your Kindle’s orientation.
- After you’ve changed the orientation, Kindle may ask if you want to lock the current screen orientation. If so, tap Lock Orientation or Cancel.
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G also has a physical rotation lock switch on the right side above the volume buttons. This switch overrides all other settings and locks the device in portrait mode. To use auto-rotate, you must first turn off the physical rotation lock switch.
Note: These options can vary depending on the Kindle model you’re using. Nevertheless, it’s loaded with every feature that can enhance your reading experience.
How Do I Change My Kindle From Landscape To Portrait?
To change the orientation of your Kindle screen from landscape to portrait, follow the steps below:
- Open the book you’re reading.
- Tap on the top-right space, and a drop list appears.
- Press “A” among the list of options.
- A new pane opens from the bottom.
- Select the Layout tab and look for Orientation.
- Choose the Portrait orientation option.
That’s it! Your book is now transformed into portrait mode.
Also read these two articles before you plan to travel:
How Do I Get My Kindle To Auto-rotate?
Do you want your Kindle to auto-rotate based on the need or your hand movement? Then, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings menu within the Kindle app.
- Tap on the “Display” option.
- Check the box next to “Allow Page Rotations.”
- Select Orientation Lock to turn on. If you don’t see Orientation Lock, tap Auto-Rotate Screen until it appears.
- Exit the settings menu.
- Enjoy your newly rotatable Kindle pages!
You should know that Kindle is a beginner-friendly device that can listen to your instructions and dance to your tunes with minimum effort. It’s long-lasting as well.
I was working on an important audio editing project when I encountered my headphones testing my patience. First, it sounded muffled and I lost a portion of the audio. Slowly, it started producing...
I use earbuds regularly, and I just can't lead my days without listening to music. I have multiple pairs of earbuds, but one of the common issues I've faced without using Bluetooth earbuds is...